Face masks are some of the best skincare products around. They’re easy to use, often fun, and deliver results. If you’re wondering what face masks do, want to learn more about their benefits, or get tips on applying them, here are several suggestions to keep in mind.
Read on to know what you could miss out on whenever you use a face mask.
What Do Face Masks Do?
If you’ve shopped for skincare face mask brands and options, you already know that face masks have different uses.
- Some face masks have hydrating and moisturizing properties, so they’re ideal for those with dry skin. If you have dry patches, use a face mask to restore moisture and suppleness to your skin.
- You can also use face masks to remove excess oil from your skin. If you have oily skin, a face mask can help reduce the production of those excess oils. Excess oil production can lead to pimples and breakouts.
- Unclog your pores and control sebum. Some skin care face mask brands have options known for pore control. If you have large pores, using face masks can help you minimize those pores.
- Face masks can also draw impurities out of your pores. Be careful when you use them. Don’t over-irritate your skin.
How to Make the Most out of Your Mask?
- Squeeze out every drop. Once you have the mask on your face, do you ever wonder about the excess essence left in the packaging? Don’t waste that. Squeeze out everything until the last drop onto your legs and arms. Using a hydrating mask, you can pour the excess essence onto your arms, hands, legs, and feet.
- Use it for an instant boost. If you’re going to a party and want to freshen up before you get to your destination, use a mask. It’s the best way to boost your skin. If you’re tired but still want to look your best, a face mask can help by giving you glowing, supple skin. It’s one of the best pick-me-up products that you can use.
- Clean your face. Always wash your face before you wear a mask. Some masks lock in moisture, so if you haven’t washed your face, you could also be locking up impurities in your pores. That won’t give you the healthy, glowing skin you want.
- Use it consistently. You can use face masks up to three times a week. If you have normal to dry skin, you might want to use face masks with hydrating properties more often.
Tips for Using Face Masks
- Layer your skincare products in the right order. Using the products in the wrong order could also compromise the benefits of each of those individual products.
- Don’t use face masks longer than the recommended time frame. If you are using a wash-off mask, follow the direction or keep on until it dries on your face. Keeping the mask on longer can dehydrate the skin and may even cause irritation.
Choose one based on your skin type and targeted skin issue and see the benefits for yourself!