Aadhar card makes it easy for the holder and the authorities in case of verification of personal details. It can be used for jobs, admission to a new college, normal verification or other legal matters. The Aadhaar system provides a single location for offline and online identity authentication for residents across the country. Citizens can use their Aadhaar number to validate and confirm their identity many times after enrolling. But, can you modify your details on the aadhar card once filled? If yes, is an aadhar card update status necessary? Let us find out!
Can You Change The Information On Your Aadhar Card Online?
As mentioned earlier, sometimes, an aadhar card download is not the last step. Mistakes happen, and to rectify the same, you have the option for an aadhar card update.
Aadhar card updates can be done online, including amending the residential address, name (minimal changes), date of birth, and gender. You may also change your biometric information, cell phone number, and email address by going to the closest Aadhaar Enrolment Center. As an option, individuals can also change their cellphone number online using the website of the Indian Postal Service.
Through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) – Which Fields Can You Update?
There can be multiple reasons why you might need to update your aadhar card. As it is a valuable document, everything it entails should be correct. By going to one of the Aadhaar Enrolment Centers, individuals can update all of the information on their Aadhar card. Via the Self Service Update Portal, you may modify your address. However, for demographic and biometric updates, you will need to visit a nearby Permanent Enrollment Centre.
How to Update Aadhar Card Information Online?
After the aadhar card download, you can do it online if you think that some corrections need to be made. The steps listed below should be followed to alter, update, or amend your Aadhaar card’s information online:
- Access the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal as the initial step.
- Select “Login” in the new tab to proceed.
- Select “Send OTP” after entering your 12-digit Aadhaar number and captcha code.
- To get into your Aadhaar account, input the OTP that you obtained on the cellphone number that is recorded in the UIDAI database.
- To change the information on your Aadhaar card, including your name, gender, date of birth, residence, and language, select Services and then “Update Aadhaar Online.”
- Then, select “Proceed to Update Aadhaar” on the following screen.
- Select “Proceed to Update Aadhaar” after selecting the Aadhaar information that needs to be updated. However, keep in mind that the number of updates or corrections you can make to your Aadhaar is limited.
- You may now view your information as it appears on your Aadhaar card. Enter the information you wish to edit or alter, then upload scanned copies of the necessary paperwork.
- View a preview of the recently updated details before paying the Rs. 50 online update costs with a debit/credit card or through net banking.
Can You Correct Your Aadhar Card Details Online Even If You Don’t Have Your Phone Registered?
You must physically go to the closest Aadhaar update centre to have your cell number updated if you have misplaced it or no longer have the same phone that was used to register for Aadhaar. You won’t be able to add or update your mobile number over here by email or the internet.
The progress of the Aadhaar update demand may be checked using the Update Request Number (URN), issued upon payment. It might take up to 90 days to finish the upgrade procedure.
Aadhaar Card Download has evolved into a reliable identification verification tool. It is an authentic technique to store all the required data in UIDAI’s authorised central warehouse. As a result, updating or adding your mobile number is a crucial step. This is because all messages and alerts pertaining to your Aadhaar card will be sent to your mobile number. This information is crucial for completing the KYC verification process, which is allowed by all banks and insurance companies.